VACANCY ON HESPERIA AREA RECREATION DISTRICT FOUNDATION BOARD
Notice is hereby given that the Hesperia Recreation and Park District (DISTRICT) Board of Directors invites residents within the DISTRICT to submit applications to fill one (1) vacancy on the Hesperia Area Recreation District Foundation (HARD) Board of Directors. This would be a commitment to serve a two year term as a Board Member on the HARD Foundation (at the discretion of the DISTRICT Board of Directors).
The HARD Foundation meets once every month during the months of January through November. The role of the HARD Foundation Board is to advise, assist, and represent the DISTRICT. Service on the HARD Foundation Board is voluntary.
Individuals interested in serving on the HARD Foundation Board are required to submit an online application to be considered for selection. Additional information and applications may be obtained and submitted via the District website, hesperiaparks.com. Applications will be accepted until 10:00 a.m. Friday, June 18, 2021.Public Notice, Vacancy on HARD Foundation 2021
HESPERIA AREA RECREATION DISTRICT (HARD) FOUNDATION BOARD MEMBER DUTIES
The Mission of the HARD Foundation Board is to act in an advisory capacity to the Hesperia Recreation and Park District (District) and to help foster communication and cooperation between citizens, institutions, special interest groups, and District personnel in order to help the District provide maximum recreational opportunities, services, and park facilities for the residents of the District.
The job of an individual HARD Foundation member is to:
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in the monthly scheduled meetings of the HARD Foundation.
- Appropriately share your expertise, thoughts, and opinions with the HARD Foundation Board Members and staff.
- Serve on committees to further the projects undertaken by the HARD Foundation; for example, a fundraising committee or a special event committee.
- Volunteer time and energy to special events, fundraisers, and programs.
- Review and understand the by-laws and other documents pertaining to the HARD Foundation.
- Review the HARD Foundation business including the minutes of meetings.
- Support programs and decisions adopted by the HARD Foundation and the District.
- Understand the financial structure of the HARD Foundation.
- Refer the suggestions and/or complaints that the public gives you regarding programs, facilities, or services to the HARD Foundation staff representative.
The Role of the HARD Foundation Board:
Each of the members must adhere to the mission of the HARD Foundation while striving to best represent the community. The roles and responsibilities of the HARD Foundation Board Members are directed from the District Board of Directors through the Executive Director. The roles of the HARD Foundation Board are to advise, assist, and represent.
The Advising Role
- Help to bring recreation concerns before the District.
The Assisting Role
- Provide continuity in the operation of the Recreation Division and recreation programs in the community through the long-term commitment of the HARD Foundation Board Members.
- Foster good communication and cooperation among residents, institutions, special interest groups, and recreation personnel.
- Generate funds for the support of programs.
- Assist in providing a pool of volunteers to promote and work at Recreation Division programs.
The Representing Role
- Help provide a vehicle for direct citizen input to the programs and operation to the District.
- Help represent the needs, interests, and concerns of the community.
- Help link the District with the larger community.
Duties of the HARD Foundation Board:
The roles of the HARD Foundation are expressed through their on-going recreation support activities:
- To express the leisure related needs and desires of the community.
- To recommend fundraising projects and special events.
- To assist with the programs; this assistance may include help with organizing, promoting, and volunteering at programs, special events, and fundraisers.
- To support and maintain programs and services through fundraising, grant writing, and other economic development activities.
- Service on the HARD Foundation Board is voluntary.
Final Filing Date
All applicants are required to complete a HARD Foundation Board Member application form (below) and submit it online.
Applicant must reside within the District boundaries. Applications will be accepted until 10:00 a.m., Friday, June 18, 2021.HARD Foundation Board Member Duties, 2021.pdf