Who was Rick Novack? Rick Novack was a long time educator in the High Desert starting in the late 1960s. In 1984 Rick become the Vice Principal at the newly opened Hesperia High School. He helped organize student government, student activities, and student body funding.
He served on the Hesperia Recreation and Park District's Board of Directors for more than a decade. He also founded a group called "We Really Care" that is dedicated to helping local students in need and was a co-founder of the Hesperia Youth Football Program.
Rick Novack was dedicated to helping students who may not have had the best grades, pushing them to reach their potental, and have personal growth.
The Hesperia Area Recreation District Foundation is awarding $500 scholarships to the top two seniors from each school bracket (students limited to one scholarship, total scholarships awarded is limited to six):
Large Schools (more than 300 seniors enrolled)
Hesperia High School
Sultana High School
Oak Hills High School
Medium Schools (less than 300 seniors enrolled)
Canyon Ridge High School
Mojave High School
Encore High School
Small Schools (less than 100 seniors enrolled)
Hesperia Christian School
Shadow Ridge School
Summit Leadership Academy
- Each applicant must complete his/her own electronic application.
- Submit current student transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit applications and transcripts is Thursday, February 16, 2023, by 4:00 p.m.
- The HARD Foundation Board Members will review all qualified applications submitted and select the finalists from each school.
- Finalists may be asked to participate in a 15-minute interview with the HARD Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduating senior from one of the aforementioned high schools.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 and above.
- Student who has shown personal growth and improvement.
- Submit the electronic application and transcripts by the deadline stated above. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Student with an interest to major in Recreation, Education, Sports, or Related Studies highly desired.
For more information, contact Sarah Hauser at email@example.com or call 760-244-5488, ext. 125.
Please complete application below