To make life better and enrich the quality of life for our community by providing a variety of leisure time and recreation activities, parks, and facilities that promote health and wellness, learning, and fun.
To serve our community and be recognized as a quality recreation and park district we must:
- Be financially stable and sustainable.
- Be the leisure time and recreational activities provider of choice in the Victor Valley.
- Distinguish HRPD as a major partner with other agencies and organizations for recreation, park, and open space needs.
- Be an employer of choice.
- Be the best part of our patron’s day by demonstrating excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
- Evolve with emerging opportunities, while maintaining our existing facilities and infrastructure.
- Actively market, promote, inform, and educate our residents about the many benefits of recreation, parks, and open space.
When making policy-level decisions if the answer to the following questions is “yes”, then that direction embraces the District’s Core Values:
- Does it provide cost-appropriate programs to our service area?
- Does it build on and leverage our network of partners?
- Does it reflect our commitment to meet the diverse needs of those we serve?
- Will it support high quality customer service?
- Does it clearly protect and enhance our investment in facilities and other assets?
- Does it support those that make it happen every day – our employees and volunteers?
- Will it support best workplace practices?
- Does it support our ability to govern as a Board and team with honesty, openness, and respect?
- Is it cost-efficient?