We miss you already! With all the program cancellations and facility closures, along with the "shelter at home" order statewide, we here at the Hesperia Recreation and Park District want to make sure you still have access to plenty of things to do to keep your mind and body active and having FUN!
Check-in for updates; we will add to this list as we find more to do. If you come across anything you'd like to add, send it to us at (redacted)!
Scroll down for Community Resources we've found so far, and please share with us if you know of any we've missed.
Chalk Your Walk!
Join our Facebook event and virtual Easter Egg Hunt now through April 12th! Chalk Your Walk with Easter Eggs, take a photo, and send it to us. We’ll hide your photos somewhere throughout our website, HesperiaParks.com.
THEN: Post photos of a positive message for our community to enjoy. Go out and Chalk Your Walk with a positive saying/picture “Thanking” all the frontline workers for their continued hard work that ensures we are able to receive essential needs.
Post your artwork to the Facebook event, use any of the hashtags below OR email your submission to (redacted).*
Photos submitted have a chance to be featured in Hesperia Recreation and Park District’s next Programs and Activities Guide!
· Only Hesperia Resident photos will be considered for the District’s Activity Guide.
· Artwork must be Family Friendly.
• Consider your neighbors and others who will see your chalked walks.
• The goal is to spread inspiration, joy and thankfulness.
· Include your first name(s) and age(s) with your submission.
· To follow the orders of the state and keeping with social distancing, please only chalk YOUR walk with members in your household.
· Have Fun!
Play is important to our mental and emotional health and we encourage people of All Ages to join in Chalk Your Walk!
*Photos are not guaranteed to be used. No compensation will be given. Photos submitted will become property of HRPD and used at our discretion. By submitting your photo(s), you are agreeing to the District’s photo release form.
Visit Aquariums, Zoos, and Parks ... virtually
- Monterey Bay Aquarium webcams include otters ♥. jellyfish, penguins, sharks, and more. Click here to view them all:
- Study the ocean at the Shark Lagoon, Tropical Reef, or Honda Blue Cavern at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Click here to choose which live-action you'd like to watch:
- There's a tiger in your house! View San Diego Zoo's Live Cams here: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- Watch the clouds roll over Half Dome or the majestic Yosemite Falls from Yosemite National Park's live webcams: https://www.nps.gov/yose/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm
Live Storytime, Concerts & More
Please be patient with the hosts of these streams as the technology is new to many of them.
- Mornings with Papa Tom Chapin: Kids' concerts every morning at 11:00 a.m. on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tomchapinmusic and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tomchapinmusic/ "Tom plays his award-winning kids songs live from the living room. Tom's daughters The Chapin Sisters will be joining him to make it a sing-along. They'll be chatting with viewers and might even take your song request!"
- Free dance classes with Debbie Allen on Instagram:
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems "Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together.
- Kids' cooking lessons with $5 Dinners: You can find the menu for the week, shopping lists, and previous videos on the $5 Dinners website. This is the $5 Dinners Facebook page, where you should be able to watch the Facebook Live videos weekdays at 10:00 PST.
- Daily Sing-along with Erin Mae: every weekday at 10:30 a.m. join Erin for sing-alongs geared to pre-K through 2nd grade with lots of singing and dancing. Join in on Zoom here:
- Draw Every Day with JJK: daily, live art lessons weekdays at 11:00 a.m. PST. Watch and draw along on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/137105464374016/ or watch archived videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/StudioJJK.
(This list will be updated and added to regularly. Keep checking back!)
Local Food Banks: Click Here to View
Hesperia Unified School District:
Meal Service - Click Here
Monday through Friday at Cedar Middle School, Hesperia High School, and Sultana High School from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students must be present in the vehicle.
Parent/Guardian Info - Click Here
Supplemental Learning - Click Here
Barstow Meals on Wheels Senior Nutrition:
Monday through Friday, 11:10 a.m.
Percy Bakker Community Center, 9333 'E' Avenue, Hesperia
Grocery Store Special Hours:
65+, pregnant women, those with disabilities
7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
Stater Bros. Markets
65+ and those with disabilities
7:45 - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 - 9:00 a.m
From March 24 - April 28
6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., including Pharmacy and Vision Center
65+ and those with underlying health issues
6:00 - 7:00 a.m.
65+, Those with disabilities, and First Responders
7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
Smart & Final
65+ and those with disabilities
7:30 - 8:00 a.m.