Skip to main content

Epicentre Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Epicentre?

The Epicentre is a multi-use recreation facility used for various sports activities and meetings.


Where is the Epicentre located?

The Epicentre is located at 17508 Hercules Street, Building C, Hesperia, CA 92345.


What is at the Epicentre?

The Epicentre has sports courts set up for basketball, soccer, and pickleball activities.  In addition to the sports courts, there are separate rooms available to hold meetings, trainings, and other functions alike.


What is “Open Gym” at the Epicentre?

Open Gym offers “drop-in” recreational activities, such as basketball, soccer, and pickleball, primarily for youth.


Who may participate in Open Gym?

Open Gym is for Hesperia resident teens and HUSD enrolled students, ages 13-17 years old.


What is needed to participate?

Interested participants must bring a valid HUSD School I.D. or valid Driver’s License.  Without an I.D., participation is not allowed.


What time is Open Gym?

Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..


What is the cost to participate in Open Gym?

Participation is FREE to Hesperia resident teens and HUSD enrolled students who present a HUSD Student ID or valid Driver’s License at the door.


Is parental supervision required?



Can parents come and stay to watch their child(ren)?

No.  Open Gym is meant to be a “youth centered” activity just for teens.


Is there HRPD recreation staff on-site to supervise the teens?

HRPD recreation staff is always present during Open Gym to oversee the activities and facility.


Are balls supplied?

Participants have to bring their own balls to play basketball.  Balls are supplied for soccer and pickleball upon request.


Are paddles supplied for pickleball?

Yes.  Paddles are available upon request.


Can Epicentre be rented for private use?

Yes.  Rental is on a case by case basis and contingent upon availability and type of use.  The courts/floor space and meeting rooms may be rented.


If I have any other questions, who can I contact about this?

Please call our office at (760) 244-5488, ext. 127.  Your questions are welcomed.