Following the orders and guidance of state and county health officials, effective March 20, 2020, the District is suspending all programming and closing our facilities with the exception of District office administrative functions and Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center (meal pickup only). This includes ALL recreational programming and classes, events, facility rentals, Hesperia Lake Store (including fishing and camping), Open Gyms, Kids Kamp, and the After School Activities Program (ASAP). Limited staff are available to answer questions and address concerns as needed; please call (760) 244-5488, contact us via the District website www.hesperiaparks.com or via email.
Outdoor parks will remain open for day use; social distancing practices are encouraged for all outdoor park visitors. We recommend you take precautions if you choose to utilize outdoor play equipment to include the washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer before and after use.
We encourage anyone that may have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, either directly or indirectly through a member of your household, to seek the advice of a medical professional.
These closures are in effect from now until further notice.
This is a rapidly evolving and fluid situation; this information is subject to change. Our most up to date information, as we receive it, is posted at https://www.hesperiaparks.com/covid-19-postponements-cancellations and will also be communicated through normal methods such as email, phone calls, and social media posts.
We understand these decisions may cause hardship for some; we appreciate your understanding as we strive to balance the needs of programming in our community with the health and safety of all who utilize our programs and facilities.
- The Equestrian Council of Hesperia has cancelled their rides on April 5 and April 17-19.
- Hesperia Recreation and Park District has joined over 900 groups nationwide in support of safe use of parks during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
• Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
• Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
• Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
• Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
• Consult their local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
Read More Here:
- The upcoming High Desert Pirate Renaissance Faire scheduled for March 21st and 22nd at Hesperia Lake Park has been postponed. We are working with N.W.A.R.E. Events to re-schedule the event later this year.
- Little League programs within the District have postponed all Little League Operations through April 6, 2020. You are encouraged to monitor updates from Hesperia American Little League, Hesperia National Little League, Hesperia Youth Soccer League and American Youth Soccer Organization for schedule changes.
- Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center will still be serving lunch but patrons will not be able to dine at the facility. They can pick up their meals and take them home to eat.
- Rock'n Our Disabilities Foundation has suspended all activities through the end of March. Please visit their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/rocknourdisabilities/. The Eggstra Special Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 4th has been postponed. The reschedule date is TBD. The ROD Dash for Disabilities 5K Run/Walk/Skate/Roll has been postponed to June 27th.
- Hesperia Wranglers: "Due to Governor Newsom’s directive regarding COVID 19 and social distancing, we have decided to cancel the membership meeting for this month. All current members in good standing will receive credit for the meeting this week.
In addition, a decision has been made to postpone our first gymkhana until next month. As you know the show was canceled last Saturday due to inclement weather and unsafe arena conditions. We had considered postponing the show until March 22nd. However, we may have a lot of rain this week and we want to make sure we are practicing social distancing. Therefore, the April gymkhana will be a double-point, double fees show.
We are still planning on holding our trail ride on the 28th of this month, as it is much easier to maintain social distancing on a trail ride than it is at a show or during a meeting."
Please check back for updates on these and other programs as we receive them. We appreciate your patience and understanding and wish health and safety to you and yours.