Please note that due to COVID-19 orders, all park hours are currently from dawn till dusk, including the Lime Street Park Tennis/Pickleball Courts. We appreciate your understanding.
Following the orders and guidance of state and county health officials, effective March 20, 2020, the District suspended all programming and closed our facilities with the exception of District office administrative functions and Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center (meal pickup only). This includes ALL recreational programming and classes, events, facility rentals, Open Gyms, Kids Kamp, and the After School Activities Program (ASAP). Limited staff is available to answer questions and address concerns as needed; please call (760) 244-5488, contact us via the District website www.hesperiaparks.com or via email.
Outdoor parks remain open for day use; social distancing practices are encouraged for all outdoor park visitors. We recommend you take precautions if you choose to utilize outdoor play equipment to include the washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer before and after use.
We encourage anyone that may have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, either directly or indirectly through a member of your household, to seek the advice of a medical professional.
These closures are in effect from now until further notice.
This is a rapidly evolving and fluid situation; this information is subject to change. Our most up to date information, as we receive it, is posted here at https://www.hesperiaparks.com/covid-19-postponements-cancellations and will also be communicated through normal methods such as email, phone calls, and social media posts.
We understand these decisions may cause hardship for some; we appreciate your understanding as we strive to balance the needs of programming in our community with the health and safety of all who utilize our programs and facilities.
- 2020 High Desert Book Festival Cancelled
Wordsmith Productions has confirmed that due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, it has cancelled the 2020 High Desert Book Festival, which was to be held on Saturday, September 26th at Hesperia Civic Plaza Park. This would have been the second consecutive year of the book festival’s co-sponsorship with Hesperia Recreation & Park District and the City of Hesperia. Registered exhibitors have been refunded, and all presenters notified.
- July 17th Letter to Staff and Patrons:
- Lime Street Park Pool Opens Friday, June 26, 2020, with modified hours/capacity limits, including Pool Rentals and Lap Swim. Click Here to view hours and details.
- Tennis Lessons begin in July!
Click Here for more information and to register online for Tennis Lessons.
- After School Activities Program (A.S.A.P.) 2020-2021As we are still waiting to see what the new school year will look like due to the COVID-19 Virus, Hesperia Recreation and Park District is establishing an interest list for the After School Activities Program (A.S.A.P.) for the 2020/2021 school year.Opening of the A.S.A.P program will depend on how and when Hesperia Unified School District opens for the 2020/2021 school year.When the program opens, you will receive an email from the District notifying you to fill out a 2020/2021 A.S.A.P. Registration Packet.If you have multiple children, please make sure to fill out an Interest List Packet for each child.Please CLICK HERE to register for the 2020-2021 A.S.A.P. Interest List.
- Spring Girls Volleyball/Summer Youth Basketball/Spring Adult Softball
The Hesperia Recreation and Park District has made the tough decision to cancel the 2020 Spring Girls Volleyball League, 2020 Summer Basketball League, and Spring Adult Softball League due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
Full refunds for the activity registration fee will be issued to all registered participants. Please allow four to seven weeks to receive a check in the mail.
- HRPD Administrative Offices, 16292 Lime Street, reopened to the public on May 26th.
- Movies in the Park 2020 at Hesperia Civic Plaza Park are postponed until further notice.
- Lime Street Park Pool: Swim Lessons are postponed until further notice due to COVID-19.
- Hesperia Recreation and Park District has joined over 900 groups nationwide in support of safe use of parks during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
• Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
• Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
• Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
• Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
• Consult their local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
Read More Here:
- The upcoming High Desert Pirate Renaissance Faire scheduled for March 21st and 22nd at Hesperia Lake Park has been postponed. We are working with N.W.A.R.E. Events to re-schedule the event later this year.
- Little League programs within the District have postponed all Little League Operations through April 6, 2020. You are encouraged to monitor updates from Hesperia American Little League, Hesperia National Little League, Hesperia Youth Soccer League and American Youth Soccer Organization for schedule changes.
- Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center will still be serving lunch but patrons will not be able to dine at the facility. They can pick up their meals and take them home to eat.
- Rock'n Our Disabilities Foundation has suspended all activities through the end of March. Please visit their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/rocknourdisabilities/. The Eggstra Special Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 4th has been postponed. The reschedule date is TBD. The ROD Dash for Disabilities 5K Run/Walk/Skate/Roll has been postponed to June 27th.
Please check back for updates on these and other programs as we receive them. We appreciate your patience and understanding and wish health and safety to you and yours.